Crystal launched its Crystal River Cruises experiences in 2016 with Crystal Mozart and was quickly voted “Best River Cruise Line” by the readers of Travel + Leisure in the magazine’s 2017 World’s Best Awards after only one year in operation. The newest ships comprise the first and only all-suite, all-balcony, all-butler ships on Europe’s rivers, boasting all categories of accommodations above the water line.
CRYSTAL RIVER SIGNATURE HALLMARKS
Charming medieval castles. Grand majestic cathedrals. And new shorter itineraries with multiple overnight stays along the legendary Danube and Rhine Rivers. Enrich your clients’ travel plans with a new Crystal Collection of curated, free excursions in each destination, extraordinary cuisine and the largest suites in all of European river cruising.
The excursion offerings focus on authenticity and are tailored to travelers’ individual interests, featuring smaller group sizes and extra special details. Nearly 200 enriching excursions are included, with more extravagant pursuits also available at an additional cost. The shore-side excursions highlight the multi-faceted character of each destination and comprises five types of experiences including:
· Personal Connections – Those looking to explore the culture of a destination can enjoy a one-of-a-kind tour hosted by local residents, artisans and experts;
· Tantalizing Gastronomy – Guests can relish in the signature culinary styles and specialties of the destination with a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities;
· Cultural Discoveries – Guests will enjoy comprehensive insight from expert guides into historical landmarks, museums, iconic sites and architectural marvels;
· Exhilarating Adventures – Active cruise travelers can participate in a selection of invigorating pursuits that combine historical and cultural experiences;
· Design Your Time – For a more tailored vacation, guests can choose this option, which features a concierge service that designs unique private tours as well as a menu of customized choices.
To ensure that every detail of each experience is in line with Crystal’s exacting standards of service, excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests; for larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via spacious motor coaches that include free WiFi.
From Holland's splendid tulip fields to the vineyards of the Wachau Valley, baroque cathedrals to modern cultural hubs and glittering Christmas markets, travelers can explore the Danube, Rhine, Main and Moselle rivers on itineraries of 7- to 16-days.
Appealing? Want to plan a Crystal River Cruise for 2018 or 2019? I would love to make this happen for you. Click the button to contact us.
Share the knowledge
Scooter Tessari, MCC, owns The Cruise Center, Inc. in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and operates the website Tasteful Journeys devoted to enrichment vacations with a culinary accent and featuring cruises, tours, and custom designed vacation packages.
Enter your email to get updates straight to your inbox.