When your river cruise vacation starts, it doesn’t mean your wellness routine has to stop. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle has become essential for many travelers when choosing their river cruise. Here’s how to do it:
1. Work out with a view. AmaWaterways features "Wellness Hosts," who teach morning and afternoon group classes in stretching, cardio/core strengthening and resistance band workouts on the Sun Deck, weather permitting. Other classes on select sailings may include yoga, Pilates, dance classes or circuit training.
2. See Europe on Wheels. Biking and hiking excursions are offered on several river cruise lines including AmaWaterways, Avalon Waterways, and Uniworld. Take one of the guided bike tours to local historic sites and villages for a scenic change of pace.
3. Eat Well Reenergize with gourmet, locally-sourced meals. Finding healthy fare is easy—including gluten-free, vegatarian, and other restricted-diet options. Just let us know your preferences at the time of booking.
4. The Spa. . . a-a-a-a-h Take advantage of one of the many treatments offered on board.
5. Take a Dip in the Pool. Many river cruise vessels have swimming pools, some indoors. It's a great way to unwind and relax after a walking tour in the port villages.
Appealing? Want to plan a river cruise for 2019 or 2020? I would love to make this happen for you. Need more information? We service many of our clients entirely through email or by phone. Click on the Contact Us button to start planning.
Share the knowledge
Scooter Tessari, MCC, owns The Cruise Center, Inc. in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and operates the website Tasteful Journeys devoted to enrichment vacations with a culinary accent and featuring cruises, tours, and custom designed vacation packages.